Most of Blab is restored, the rest is coming soon ...
- For the time being all paid forums are free.
- An update on paid memberships is coming as soon as we get the details together.
Keep checking for updates. You can also keep an eye on
our Facebook page (link)
for important announcements.
Blab does not allow the posting of the following information about hobbyists, including both members and non-members of Blab, and including in The Transactions Board:
- Contact or location identifiers such as email and physical addresses or phone numbers.
- Full names of minors that have not been shared by the minor themselves.
- Information about personal lives, activities and events.
......... The above restriction includes illnesses, birth of children, new home, marriage/divorce, etc. Not everyone wants this information shared with hundreds of strangers.
- PM & email content may not be shared.
There are two limited exceptions to the rule against sharing other hobbyist's personal info:
- In certain cases, if the information is an integral part of a report about a transaction in The Transaction Board, it may be ok to share. Please use judgment and allude to "a personal event" to avoid sharing information such as marital change or illness. See below for details on contact/location identifiers.CONTACT THE MODS BEFORE POSTING if you think personal info about a hobbyist is important to share.
- If the individual has already publicly shared that bit of information and it is accessible to other hobbyists generally (including a public Facebook account). It is best to post a link to that information, rather than copying it, in case access is withdrawn later.
*** Do not expose contact or location identifiers in The Transaction Board that the individual has not themselves made public elsewhere. However, to distinguish hobbyists from others with similar names, you may share the city, state and zip code, and/or a portion of the email address.